- To partner with DND in the development, deployment and conduct of the Air Cadet Program by advising and assisting with the core training program and complementing it with valuable optional elements.
- To promote and encourage the nationís youth members to develop and maintain an interest in aviation and aerospace and to foster and assist growth in those fields for those interested in pursuing such a career, in part by partnering with industry, while still supporting interest in other program elements of leadership, physical education, music and such.
- To promote the growth and well being of the Air Cadet Movement by attracting and retaining the youth members and the adult leaders for both the DND and League roles and responsibilities.
- To provide along with DND, a voice in Canada for the Air Cadet Movement as a whole so that the Canadian public is kept aware of the accomplishments and capabilities of the Movement and of its ability to fulfill its aims.
- To provide an organizational structure down to the squadron sponsoring committee level that complements and meshes with DNDís to meet in a respectful, understanding and professional way the agreed and approved roles and responsibilities, including providing and considering studies and proposals as well as resolving the challenges in a progressive Air Cadet Movement.
The Air Cadet League of Canada envisions the Royal Canadian Air Cadets as Canadaís premier and a world class youth development movement. Being attuned to societal changes, it strives diligently to be a totally dedicated, proactive and innovative partner to encourage and enhance the development of well adjusted, civic minded youth to undertake leadership roles in a great Canada and a better world.
The Air Cadet League of Canada fosters development in youth of the values of self-confidence, self-discipline, leadership and physical fitness.