Join As A CIC Officer
The Cadet Instructors Cadre (CIC) consists of specially trained part-time members of the Canadian Forces. CIC officers are responsible for cadet training, supervision, and administration.
CIC officers are important figures in the life of a cadet. Many CIC officers were once cadets themselves, but this is not a prerequisite. To become a CIC officer, a candidate must participate in a series of personal interviews and:
- Have a high school diploma,
- Be a Canadian citizen between the ages of 18 and 64 and be of good character
- Recommended by the commanding officer, squadron sponsoring committee or provincial league.
- Meet the medical standards prescribed
- Pass a security screening, including an enhanced reliability check, criminal background investigation, and vulnerable sector screening.
For more information on the CIC, please visit: